Musicquarium = Reno + New Bar Menu
Sometimes it’s good to take a step back and reevaluate the way things are. To ponder if where it’s at is really, well, where it’s at.
In other words, change can be good, right?
The Musicquarium Lounge at The Triple Door thinks so; they’ve recently done some renovations (don’t worry, the 1,900-gallon aquarium is still there). Your Hedonista recently attended a media invite to see the interior changes and to sample some of their new liquid and solid offerings.
They’ve also added a new bar-centric menu; I tried two of their $5 cocktails: the Yellow Cab – with brandy, coconut, and pineapple that’s shaken and served up – that was warming and their Cracked Coconut Martini – Bacardi Coconut Rum, lime, and coconut that’s again shaken and served up – think piña colada, here.
In terms of solids to go with the liquids, there’s a couple I’d really love to have again: the salt & pepper riblets ($5) and their bowl of beef chow fun (served with broad rice noodles for $8.50).
Other info that’s worthy of note, dear hedonists:
- Monday & Tuesday nights are industry nights (33% off the bar tab)
- Tuesday nights are “bartender’s choice”
- First Thursday nights of every month are monthly art openings, complete with Happy Hour until 7:00 p.m. and wine specials
- Friday nights are “Friday Night Live” complete with beer specials and two live music sets at 5:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. respectively
- Wednesday through Sunday nights feature live nightly music
The Musicquarium’s regular Happy Hour schedule is from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. seven days a week and also 9:00 p.m. until midnight from Sunday night through Thursday night.